Saturday, April 2, 2011

Movie-A-Day


In honor of Script Frenzy I've decided that I'm going to try to watch a different movie every day this month. I thought it'd be a great way to get inspired to write my very own script!


I started my project yesterday, when I had some free time between classes. (I'm so glad I've got access to streaming movies on NetFlix) So, without further ado...


Day 1: The World's Fastest Indian


This movie had been sitting in my NetFlix queue for a looong time. It was recommended to me by a friend over a year ago. I had some time yesterday, so I finally sat down and watched it, and I'm so glad I did.

The movie was heartwarming and inspiring (just what I wanted for this little project) not to mention beautifully put together.

Anthony Hopkins stars as Burt Munro a sweet little old man from New Zealand who dreams of going to America to race his 40+ year old motorcycle at Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. The movie is about Burt, and his bike, but it's also about his journey and all of the people he meets along the way.

I personally give this movie ★★★★★ (but I'm really a terrible critic, I tend to love everything).


If it sounds interesting, check out the trailer:




And if you've already seen the movie, I'd love to know what you thought of it! Please share your thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment