Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 10


I've got a lot of things that I need to get done today. One of them is a second blog post on my movie project, so that I can get myself caught up in the next few days. So lucky you, you get to read two posts in one day. Yeah you do. And here it is:


Day 10: Monsters


This movie provides a slight to the standard creature feature. It's set six years after a space probe carrying alien life forms crash lands in Mexico. The creatures invade Northern Mexico and the United States is desperately trying to keep them out. The story is about a journalist who must accompany a young woman on her journey back in to America. I really really loved this movie. It's about more than just creatures, or aliens, in my opinion at least, it's about the natural order, and learning to live in strange circumstances. There's a lot of subtext to the movie. You really can't watch it and not think about illegal aliens and U.S. immigration policies.

Overall, I thought this was a fantastic movie, I gave it ★★★★.


I don't think my review is really doing this film justice, so please, check out the trailer for yourself:




I had never heard of this movie before I dug it up on Netflix, but if you happened to have seen it, please share your thoughts with me here in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment