Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 7


I'm way behind on these little reviews, so you're probably going to be seeing more than one a day until I can catch myself up. It shouldn't take more than a few days, unless I get lazy again (which is always a possibility with me).


Day 7: Pandorum

  
I'm going to start off by saying that Sci-Fi really isn't my genre of choice. But Netflix seemed to think that I would like this movie, and they were right! Pandorum is set in the future, some unknown time after the year 2174. Basically, we've used up all of the resources on planet Earth, and a small section of the population has been sent off to colonize a new planet called Tanis. The movie begins with two crew members waking up from 'hyper-sleep' to an apparently deserted ship. The entire movie deals with them trying to discover exactly what has gone wrong with their mission. Despite my lack of affection for science fiction, this movie really impressed me. There's action, suspense, a bit of romance and just enough guts and gore to keep me entertained. It's 1 part Sci-Fi epic, 1 part disaster flick, and 1 part psychological thriller.

I gave Pandorum ★★★, and I might even see it again if someone wanted to watch it with me.


If you'd like to check it out for yourself, here's the trailer:




Please share your thoughts and opinions on this movie with me here in the comments! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment