Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 11


I can't believe it's already Wednesday, the week's not even half way through and I'm already waaay behind in all of the things that I need to get done. This seems to be a chronic problem with me. On the side, I'm almost caught up with these little posts. According to my calculations (I love saying that, it makes me feel smart) on Friday I should be both watching my 15th movie, and putting up my 15th post! Yay. So, let's get to it, shall we:


Day 11: The Kids Are All Right


This is another of those movies that I had been meaning to see for a while now. I saw trailers for it last summer and I remember saying to my boyfriend, "we're going to see that the minute it's in theaters..." Yeah, like that happened. But it was well worth the wait. The story is about the two teenage children of lesbian parents reaching out to their sperm-donor father, and the very unusual family they all make. I've overheard a few people say that this movie was made just to show that gay people can be parents too, and it does that, but it's about a lot more. It's about family, and what exactly makes up a family. It's about parenthood, and relationships, and teenagers and being someone's child. It's about how people who love each other can come together to create something more than they ever could have imagined. But I'm rambling.

I loved this movie enough to give it ★★★★★ (the 4th movie this month to earn all those shiny little stars!).


If you'd like to take a look for yourself, I found the trailer for you:




I'd love to know what you guys thought about the movie if you've seen it. Or even if you haven't seen it. Share your thoughts with me here in the comments, okay? Okay, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment