Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 6


Arg! I'm getting really behind. I've just been so busy this month. I've been reading The Human Stain for English and working on physics homework and writing a script on top of it, so you know, busy. (Did I mention that we're on this whole spring cleaning kick around here? Yeah...) Anyway...


Day 6: It's Kind of A Funny Story


First of all, I freakin' loved this movie. I wanted to see it from the time I saw the first trailers for it. While I did love Zach Galifianakis' performance, I saw this movie mostly for Keir Gilchrist (because I am totally obsessed with him in The United States of Tara). The movie's about a young man who can't deal with the stresses of his life and so, accidentally checks himself into a psych ward. The people that he meets there and the experiences that he has help him learn to cope with his life and not stress out so much. The story is heartwarming and hilarious at the same time. It struck me as a very funny, modern day version of Girl, Interrupted.

I gave it ★★★★★ (Like I've said before, I'm a terrible critic, but this movie really is something very special).


If you don't believe me (or even if you do) check out the trailer for yourself:




And if you've already seen it, please please please share your thoughts and opinions with me in the comments!


P.S. Yes, I am fully aware that this movie is based on a book, and I fully intend to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment