Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 12


Yeah I know, I haven't exactly been sticking to my two updates a day schedule. But I've been really busy, I swear! I've been dealing with school and bills and cleaning and the frickin' holiday (which is quickly approaching) and on top of everything else I've been writing a script. So uh, yeah, busy. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten my project, so:


Day 12: Exit Through the Gift Shop


I thought it was high time I watched a documentary for this little project of mine, and Exit Through the Gift Shop had been sitting in my queue for a looong time. So what is it, you ask? It's about street art, rather it's a documentary about making a documentary about street art. Confused yet? Well, once upon a time there was a gentleman named Thierry Guetta, he liked to film things. A lot of things. He eventually got involved with some prominent street artists and decided to make a documentary about them. In the process he became a street artist himself (under the pseudonym of Mr. Brainwash), and his documentary kind of took on a life of it's own. Still confused? Yeah well, I think it's supposed to be at least a little bit confusing. The movie follows Thierry's explorations into the world of street art and introduces you to some of the biggest names in the businesses, like Invader, Shepard Fairey and the most famous of these underground artists, Banksy.

As strange as it was, I really loved this film. It has a comedic element to it, and obviously there's art, lots and lots of art. I gave it ★★★★, and they were all well deserved.


If you'd like to see some of the madness for yourself, check out this nifty trailer I found for you:




If by some chance you've actually seen this movie, please please please share your thoughts with me! I'd love to know what you guys thought of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment