Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 4


You might have noticed a few changes around here. I'm messing around with formats and templates and trying to find something that really works for me. I'm still playing with the settings and the html, so you'll probably see a lot more changes soon. But I can't let that get in the way of my super exciting Movie-A-Day project.


Day 4: Barton Fink


This... is a strange movie. But really, what else can you expect from the Coen brothers? I told a friend of mine that I was watching the movie, she asked what it was about, I told her "I'm not really sure yet."
I think it's about stories. The stories that happen to people, the stories that people tell, and the stories that people don't tell. On a very basic level this story is about a playwright from New York who moves to Los Angeles to write scripts for motion pictures. The movie is also about heads, in a strange sort of way. But I don't know if I can say too much about that without giving things away.
I gave Barton Fink ★★★★, but that's probably because I like strange movies.


If you'd like to know if this is your kind of moive, check out the trailer:




And of course, if you've already seen Barton Fink, please please please share your thoughts with me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment