Friday, March 18, 2011

Arts Magazine

I know I haven't posted anything in a while (quite a while) but I wanted to share this quick post with you all.

On March 9th I submitted a tiny (exactly 150 words) piece of fiction to may school’s student-run ‘Arts’ magazine. This is the first time I’ve submitted any of my writing for any type of publication. Needless to say, I’ve been nervous as hell about the results. I’ve been checking my e-mail obsessively for about a week and a half now waiting to hear back from the editors of the magazine.

I had a piece of my art-work published in my high school’s student-run magazine, but I’m pretty sure that they took every submission that wasn’t highly inappropriate (it didn’t hurt that I submitted my piece for the very first edition, when the ‘editors’ were starved for submissions).

There’s really no point that I’m trying to make here, just a few things I needed to get off my chest. Thanks for listening, and I’ll be sure to let you know when (if) I hear back from the magazine editors!

P.S. If you want to read the piece I submitted, I posted it here: Night

No comments:

Post a Comment