Friday, July 3, 2009

The Eyre Affair

  • Now that I've finished reading Toni Morrison's masterpiece Sula, I'm getting back to my borrowed (I'll return it I swear!) copy of Jasper Fforde's first Thursday Next novel:
  • The Eyre Affair.
  • So far it seems interesting. As far as I can tell it's about a girl named Thursday Next who works for a secret-type organization called SpecOp-27.
  • It seems to be set in a society where literature is taken very very seriously. I like that!
  • Anywho, I'll keep ya'll posted and let you know if I come across anything real fun in the book!
  • Remind me, I need to return Sula to the library on Monday (the 6th) and I might pick up a copy of:
  • Descartes' Bones: A Skeletal History of the Conflict between Faith and Reason
  • by Russell Shorto.

No comments:

Post a Comment