Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Web Comics


I’ve been reading web comics since I was in high school, at least 8 years now, which seems like a really long time to me. I’ve also been reading some really awesome graphic novels lately and that’s made me appreciate that I can get all of these phenomenal stories for free online, updated several times a week! See with graphic novels (or at least the ones I’ve been reading) the story always ends. But with web comics, it seems like there are always updates, always new things going on. It’s kind of like a soap opera; I log onto my computer and see what my favorite characters are up to every day!

So I thought I’d take a moment here to share with you some of my favorite web comics!

I’ve been reading these comics for years now, they’re some of the first comics I started reading on the web.

Something*PositiveThis comic is written and drawn by Randy Milholland. I’ve been reading this one since June of 2004, so about 6 years now, and it’s still my favorite comic of all time. It’s well worth checking out.

Questionable Content This comic is written and drawn by Jeph Jacques. It’s about the lives of Martin and Faye and Pintsize and Dora and Sven and Hannelore and Steve and Marigold and Angus…. And the list goes on. It’s funny, you should check it out!

Least I Could DoThis comic is written by Ryan Sohmer and drawn by the very talented Lar deSouza. The writing is witty, the stories are funny and the drawing is beautiful. Go read it!

Girls With Slingshots This comic is written and drawn by the very talented Danielle Corsetto. I got into this comic when it crossed over with S*P, I got sucked into the story immediately and I’ve been there ever since! It’s a wonderful story with really interesting characters, and now it’s in color! What more could you want?

Okay, so those are some of *my* favorite web comics. What are some of yours?

1 comment:

  1. I'm massively into graphic novels and comics, but for some reason it never occurred to me that I could read them online! I used to draw some comics of my own- maybe I should do some more and put them online.

    ReplyDelete