Saturday, August 21, 2010

Reading!

Hey there everyone! Guess what I've been doing, go on... guess! That's right, I've been reading, a lot! I joined Shelfari and started a Book Club!
For July we read Bonk! By Mary Roach. It's a book about the history of sex research, and it's both funny and fascinating. Mary Roach is truly a phenomenal writer with a great sense of humor. A. J. Jacobs (author of The Year of Living Biblically) put it best when he said "I would read Mary Roach on the history of Quonset huts. But Mary Roach on sex? That's a godsend!"
For August we read (or are still reading) Seth Grahame-Smith's fantastically funny adaptation, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies . I don't know what I can say about this book, except that it's exactly what it claims to be. Jane Austin's classic novel Pride and Prejudice, only with more zombies! I'll give you a little idea of what I'm talking about here, "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." See what I'm talking about?
Right now I'm taking suggestions for September's BotM (Book of the Month). So come check out the BOOK CLUB and read with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment