Monday, August 10, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Okay, I promised to tell you all where I was for my vacation? I was here:
In the Current Middle Ages!
I was at Pennsic XXXVIII!
I'm not going to try to explain Pennsic here, it would take too long and I'd just get myself all worked up. Let's just say it was the most awesome two weeks I have ever spent pretending to be 400 years ago... Confused yet? Try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsic see if it helps.
Basically, it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 people. They all dress up like people from the real middle ages, and some of them even fight! There's tons of stuff to do, and don't even get me started on the shopping! (More than one person advised me to set aside money for the trip home, otherwise I might be tempted to spend it!) There are 'mock' battles and we even got to go to the East Kingdom's Royal Court (I'm not joking, you have to bow to these people...) The entire thing was an amazing experience.
Anyway, I had an amazing time, met the coolest (read weirdest) people and went to some awesome classes! I think tomorrow I'm going to post a few pictures from the battles (I didn't take them, I bought post-cards) and talk a little bit about the classes I got to go to.
The entire thing is mind-blowing. If you're ever looking for a very very strange (but fun and exciting) vacation, try Pennsic!
Also, I'd like to thank my boyfriend for 'dragging' me there, kicking and screaming! Thank you Puppy, I had a wonderful time!
- C

1 comment:

  1. 'Dragging' is appropriately in quotes. kicking and screaming is appropriately not.

    You're welcome

    -Y

    ReplyDelete