Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Movie and a Book

  • Hey everyone! Just a quick post here!
  • I'm currently working on my vacation post, but I thought I'd post real quick-like in the meantime.
  • Two things:
  • First, I just got back from seeing the movie Julie & Julia (check it out over @ imdb.com if you have no clue what I'm talking about: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135503/) and I loved it! It was supper cute and lots of fun. I love to watch people cook (not too big on cooking, but love the watching) and I love fun movies, so this was a perfect combo for me. It's a great movie with a great cast, and aren't you glad I don't write movie reviews for a living? But anyway, if you have a chance go see it, it's lots of fun!
  • Second, over my crazy insane vacation, I got a chance to finish Descartes' Bones by Russell Shorto.
  • It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I loved it nonetheless. The book is about what happened to the bones of one of France's greatest philosophers. It's about more than bones though, really. If you don't believe me, you'll just have to see for yourself. As I said, I don't write reviews for a living, and so I'm going to cut this one short. Just go check it out!
  • And I'll be back tomorrow (or Monday... that's just how I am) with part one of my vacation post!
  • Look forward to it!
  • - C

1 comment:

  1. I want to see Julie and Julia. Actually today we are going to see" Local Color". I don't think it's doing very well, but it's about an artist so I want to see it. It's only showing in one theater around us.

    ReplyDelete