Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012!


Oh my god! I cannot believe that it's actually 2012! It doesn't quite feel real yet, but that's okay, I'm enjoying it anyway.


2011 was such an amazing year for me. I got to go to lots of fantastic parties (including my best friend's wedding) and meet so many amazing people.


Back in April I participated in Script Frenzy for the very first time, and won with my 102 page script about the Slender Man.


I officially switched my program at school from Biology to English, and started taking English and literature classes full time, which has been a fantastic change for me. I love what I'm studying and I don't even mind writing a ton of paper. Plus, no more chemistry!)


Over the summer I got to be the maid of honor at my best friend's wedding. It was an amazing time, and I couldn't be happier for her! I also got to go to several other amazing parties and celebrations over the summer.


In July I participated in the first ever Camp NaNoWriMo and won that with my (still unfinished) novel about a gay vampire who travels across the country to meet with a quack bio-chemist who may or may not be able to cure him.


November was a busy month for me. Unfortunately, my dog Peppy passed away on the 9th. He was 14 and a half years old and had been suffering from diabetes and a number of other health problems for a few years. He was a wonderful dog, and he will be missed. But a happier note, I got to spend Thanksgiving with family in Baltimore, which was a real treat, as I don't see them nearly as often as I'd like to. And then last but not least, I won my second NaNoWriMo in a row with a collection of short stories based on Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven


But enough about 2011, let's talk about 2012! Yay!


2012 is going to be a big year for me, I just know it. In April, I'll be graduating college and (finally) getting my degree! I'm so excited about this, I don't think I can even express myself properly. Let's just say that I've been in school for too long already, and I am literally counting down the days until graduation.


I plan on participating in lots of writing events this year (surprised?) like Script Frenzy, which is in a few short months, and NaNoWriMo. I plan on finishing up my movies reviews from last April, as I plan on doing it all again this April! I'm hopefully going to be working full time starting in May or so, and I hope that I'll still have time to post in this blog just as often as I've been posting.... (hahaha)


But uh, yeah, I think that's about it for right now. I'll be around some. I hope to get back to the original structure of this blog in 2012. That is, posting about movies that I've enjoyed and books that I've read and loved to share them with you all. I hope to blog more often about "Things I'm Doing", my baking and craft projects and such.


Well, that's all for now folks. Tune in later for a post about my resolutions for 2012 and a recap of my resolutions from last year.


Have a healthy and happy new year, and may 2012 be even more amazing than last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment