Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions 2012


Before I jump into this year's resolutions, I'd like to take a few moments to recap last year's resolutions.


You can check out the full list here if you'd like, as I'm only going to talk about a few right now.


On of my goals last year was to develop a regular exercise routine. It took me until June to get my act together on that one, but ultimately I was able to cross it off my list. I have exercised every single day since July 3rd, 2011. Having exercise as part of my routine has helped me get in shape, but it has also done a lot to improve my mood. I've been living with depression for a significant chunk of my life (off meds for the last few years thought), but over these last months I've noticed a significant improvement in my mood! What can I say? I always feel better after a good work out. I'm glad I made it one of my resolutions last year, and I'm even more glad that I actually stuck to it!


Another resolution I made last year was to write more often, and while I didn't cross this one off my list, I do feel that I've made progress on it. I won Script Frenzy, CampNaNoWriMo and NaNo in November. I worked on a few short pieces and did more editing work than I expected to. But I didn't quite write as much as I would have liked to. It's alright though, I'm not going to be discouraged. I'm going to keep my head high, and my pen to the page.


The very last resolution on my list last year was a deceptively simple one: Be Happy. Though this last year was challenging in a lot of ways, I still managed to find a way to be happy. I spent time with my family and friends, I didn't let school get me down in the dumps, and most importantly, I made time for myself. Overall, I was HAPPY in 2011, and that feels like quite the accomplishment. :o)


Having said all that, it's time to write up my list of resolutions for 2012. I really do think that resolutions are a great way to make positive change in your life, even if you don't always stick to them 100% of the time. When it comes to resolutions, I believe that it really is the thought that counts, and it counts for a lot.


So, without further ado, my New Year's Resolutions for 2012:


1. Continue to exercise throughout the year

2. Have strong abs by 12-31-12

3. Read 50 books this year

4. GRADUATE!

5. Bake more

6. Write more

7. Win Script Frenzy & NaNoWriMo

8. Spend more time with my family & friends

9. Develop more healthy eating habits

10. Believe in myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment