Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 17

This is the third day in a row that I'm updating my blog! Are you guys proud of me or what? (Oh, you said 'what'... nice.) Anyway, I'm just trying to get these movie reviews over and done with so that I can blog about some of the things that have been going on in my life, and some of the projects I'm working on. So right now we have...

Day 17: Show Me Love


The original Swedish title of this movie is: Fucking Åmål, which I believe is a reference to the town that the movie takes place in. This isn't quite your typical coming-of-age teen lesbian movie, but it's pretty close. The story centers on two teenage girls, Elin and Agnes, who really have nothing more in common than the fact that they both live in the same town. Agnes doesn't have any friends, but is passionately in love with Elin, who spends her time hanging out with the 'popular' crowd, and generally makes fun of girls like Agnes. The story is cute, and even though you can tell that the film-makers tried really hard not to have things be too predictable, at some points it's unavoidable. I think I would have related to this movie a little bit more if I were closer in age to the main characters. Not that I'm old or anything. But I'm not certainly not 13 anymore.

Over all this movie was very enjoyable and I'm glad that I stumbled across it (on NetFlix, of course). I'm not sure that I'd watch it again, but I liked it enough to give it ★★★.


If you want to see it for yourself, I dug up the trailer for you, and you can check it out right here:


If you've already seen 'Show Me Love' or 'Fucking Åmål' or whatever you'd like to call it, please let me know what you thought of it! You can share your thoughts and feelings and opinions and what-not here in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment