Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lemon Bars


The lemon bars... were not a complete failure...

They didn't end up looking real pretty, but the taste more than made up for it!

There was a little too much crust, a little too little filling and one of the batches didn't set quite right. But over all they were fun to make, and ended up tasting pretty damned good!

I think the recipe I used was part of the problem. The ingredients were fine and all, it was just poorly written. I found the directions a bit confusing and hard to follow. To be fair though, I probably should have read through the entire thing before starting. What I need, is a recipe that I can read while I making it. For example, something that might say:

1. Preheat oven

2. Get out pan and grease

3. Get 2 cups sugar

I have no use for a recipe that makes me crazy.

"Add two cups of sugar... Got it...oh shit! I was supposed to add that to the second mixture! (frantically scooping out sugar) And I needed to melt the butter first! Oops!"

Yeah, I'm not real organized...

I'm probably going to re-write the recipe to suit my needs, but if anyone wants to try the original, here it is: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-square-bars/detail.aspx

Until next time folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment