Friday, November 28, 2014

Belated Happy Turkey-Day!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to take a minute out of what I'm assuming is a busy Black Friday to share some pictures of our Thanksgiving meal! (pictures of food on the internet, what? Is that a thing?)

Let me give you a brief over-view of the menu:
  • Two different kinds of salad
  • Salmon patties 
  • Two different kinds of wine (1 homemade)
  • Split-pea soup
  • Homemade bread
  • Turkey (of course)
  • Gravy
  • Stuffing
  • Sweet potato casserole
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Roasted white potatoes
  • Honey cupcakes
  • Ginger-apple cake
  • Chocolate bumpy cake
  • Pumpkin pie
A feast I tell you! We did it all kind-of pot-luck style, where everyone brought something. And by everything, I mean the woman. It's not a sexist thing, but the men in our family just don't cook for whatever reason, although my Father-in-Law did bring us homemade wine!

And now for some pictures:

Yours truly, putting the finishing touches on my bird.

And it was a beautiful bird, if I do say so myself.



My family and I usually head out to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving, so this was actually only the second time I've ever had to put the Thanksgiving meal together. I think the turkey came out pretty damned good! I was really proud of myself and what I was able to accomplish. Would I do it again? In a heart-beat. It was fun, and the turkey was actually easy (and tasty!).

And these are just the leftovers!

Okay, so I know that Thanksgiving isn't just about food, so I want to take a minute to talk about all of the things that I'm thankful for this year.

  • I'm thankful for my job.
    • I work in am amazing library, where they treat the staff like family. My coworkers are fun and amazing people, and my boss is one of the sweetest people I know.
  • I'm thankful for my family.
    • My parents and In-Laws both live about 15 minutes away from us (okay, 20 with traffic), and I love that we're close enough to pop over whenever we want and spend time with our families.
  • I'm thankful for my education.
    • I'm working on my Master's in Library and Information Science, and I'm just about done with my second semester. That's 1/3 of the way!
  • I'm thankful for my health.
    • While I'm not always the healthiest person (I could eat less and exercise more), I don't have any big health issues, and that's a blessing.
  • I'm thankful for a great place to live.
    • Our apartment might not be much (though we're slowly improving it), but it's ours, and I love it.

So that's it for right now. How did you guys celebrate Thanksgiving? And if you don't celebrate, did you do anything fun/cool on Thursday? What are you thankful for this year? 
Stay tuned for another post in the next few days, I'm going to be talking about the end of NaNoWriMo, and my plans for next year (yes, I plan ahead. no, I don't always stick to those plans), and of course, what I learned from NaNo this year and what I love about the event!
Also, look for a new Librarian's Corner next month (on-time, I hope), and some year-end recaps!

Happy Friday, and enjoy your leftovers, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment