Monday, February 17, 2014

Wedding Ring Review

So my husband and I have been married for just over 6 months now, (I know, I know, we're an old married couple) and I thought that the six month mark would be a perfect time to tell you guys all about our wedding rings.

First, the back-story.

My husband and I had our wedding rings picked out before we even got engaged. When we first started talking seriously about getting married (this would be back in March of 2011) I started looking for rings. I found a pair I liked on etsy, and "favorited" them so that I would remember what I liked.

Fast forward a year or so... we got engaged in July of 2012 (he proposed with his grandmother's wedding ring and her blessing) and kept poking around online, looking at possible wedding rings. But over and over we kept coming back to that first set we had seen.

The "Starry Starry Night" wooden wedding rings from Minter and Richter Designs on etsy.



We hadn't officially picked out our wedding rings, but I was showing pictures of these to everyone saying "wanna see the rings we're looking at?" After a few months of that (and some half-hearted looking at other bands) , it occurred to us that we had picked out our wedding rings.

Now let's fast-forward to a few days ago. I logged onto my etsy account wanted to leave some amazing feedback for Minter & Richter. You see, when my husband and I were first looking at these rings, I checked the seller's feedback on etsy to see what the reviews were like. They were (and still are) overwhelmingly positive and I got very excited. But they were all from people who had recently purchased their rings, and I was really hoping for some long-term reviews.

So now that my husband and I have had our rings for 6 months, I thought I'd post a review on their etsy page... But I can't; etsy has a 60 day cut-off for reviews. Which means that the only way I could have left a review for the rings would have been if I had done it within 60 days of my purchase, by which time we hadn't even worn them yet! That is ridiculous.


Well, since I can't post my review on etsy, I thought I'd post it here.

We've had and worn our wedding rings for over 6 months now, and I can confidently say that it was a wonderful purchase! I'm so glad that my husband and I got these rings. They're absolutely stunning and unique!
The metal is titanium, and the inside is a dyed wood in-lay. I love that, because my husband and I are the only couple I know of who have wooden wedding rings!
When we placed our order, we gave the size that we thought we needed, and we received sizers for that size, 1 size up and 1 size down so that we would be sure to get rings that fit us perfectly!

As for wear ad tear, I can tell you that after 6 months of use, they still look brand new! I was told by the sellers that because the rings are sealed they are completely water proof. But I'm very protective of my ring, and a little paranoid, so I do take it off when I shower/wash my hands/cook messy foods.
This is going to be short, because I have nothing negative at all to say about these rings or the sellers!

All I can say is that if you are considering getting and jewelry from Minter and Richter, go for it! The jewelry is beautiful and extremely high-quality, and their prices are very reasonable!



So that's it for the wedding ring review! I've got a lot of other cool things coming though, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment