Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What to do about that boring apartment?

I think I mentioned that my husband and I are working on an awesome DIY project for our bedroom. I don't want to spoil the surprise by telling you what it is now, but don't worry, I'll post about it some time soon!

But in the mean time, I've been inspired to take a look at some of the other areas in our apartment that could use that good old DIY touch. To put it simply, our apartment is uh... boring. Yeah, boring. Some areas are even super-boring.

So I've been on Pinterest all morning, pinning like crazy. That's the right verb here right? Pinning? And I'm starting to collect some inspiration for things that I want to change in the apartment.

This is meant to be a pretty short post, but I wanted to share some of the "before" (which implies an "after", I hope) pictures of the problem areas in the apartment.

Boring empty bathroom


Our den, can you see the problem?


Another chunk of den... boring



Family room... desperately in need of a DVD rack

And finally, our kitchen. Yeah...















And now you can see why I'm so desperate to spice things up. The kitchen is particularly bad, mostly due to our lack of a kitchen table. :o( Needs to be fixed. And soon. It's actually our next project after the current top-secret DIYing.

So that's it, stay tuned for updates as they happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment