Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December So Far...


Happy December everyone! I hope that any holidays you celebrate are either a) going well or b) going to be amazing!
I thought I'd post a quick update and let you know a few of the Things I'm Doing in December!


First off, in the wake of NaNoWriMo , I'm still feeling fairly creative. So I've been working on a short story. I've got a few bits written so far, and you can check them out over at the Online Writing Group I started with a few of my good friends. Check it out, I think you can ask for an invite on the site if you're interested, if not, comment here or feel free to e-mail me! (annrkey@rock.com)


Next I've been listening to some audio books. I've got a 40 minute commute to school and back everyday, so I finally decided to pick up an audio book to listen to in the car. I listened to the first 20 minutes in my car, and finished the other 13 and something hours at home over the weekend. I'd really forgotten how much I loved Dracula.

I hadn't read it since high school, and I'd apparently forgotten large chunks, or simply missed them the first time thorough. Well worth a second read!



Third, I thought I'd share a song that I've been listening to almost nonstop for the past... longer than I want to admit to. :o) It's a fantastic song called Through the Roof 'n' Underground by Gogol Bordello.


It's featured in the movie Wristcutters: A Love Story (which I need to blog about sometime, seriously, bug me about it folks).
(link to the video) Okay, I think that's about it for now! Check back later for more Things I'm Doing in December!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it strange how one can discover new things about a book when reading it again after a few years? Like the story changes in light of one's own experiences or something.

    Ps- I love Gogol Bordello too- saw them live in Glasgow. My friend is a big fan, and I somehow managed to get her backstage with the band.. I didn't like being backstage though, it made me feel too much like a fan:P

    ReplyDelete